Setup backup as the first step
My computer crashed and I did not backup data
You can restore your data from a backup file if you have it. Otherwise, you need to start from an empty file. The most important part to keep your current expense records.
Do the following:
- Download Simple Home Budget and install it
- Download Dropbox and install it
- Look for the DropBox folder in your My Documents folder
- Start Simple Home Budget and click Settings > Backup settings.
- Click on the yellow button folder and select My Documents and then Dropbox
- Set History Copies at least to 3
Now your data will be backed up by Simple Home Budget every time you close it, and DropBox will back it up "into the cloud."